Ever since its inception in 1967, the Islamic Centre understood the importance of inter-faith relations and the positive promotion of Islam to children and adults alike. Each year the Shahjalal Mosque welcomes countless schools, colleges, universities, organisations, professional bodies and individuals to the mosque where they learn about the work we do in the community and about the religion of Islam.
Notes on Visiting
• Standard visitor sessions are Monday or Thursday, between 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
• Other sessions including evenings and weekends are available upon request
• Please book well in advance (minimum of 2 weeks) of your preferred dates as this very popular service attracts many bookings
• A typical visit will be for 90 minutes in which we give a small presentation, answer any questions and take our visitors on a tour of our beautiful Mosque.
As part of the decorum of a centre attached to a mosque, users and visitors are kindly asked to observe the following dress code:
- Users and visitors are asked to dress modestly.
- Avoid see-through, revealing or low-cut clothing.
- Shorts are not allowed.
- Shoes should be taken off at the point of entry.
To organise a visit, please use the contact form